As a member of Trinity Health, the country's second-largest Catholic health care system, Mercy Health provides you access to some of the nation's premier health care careers.
The following information will help you know what to expect throughout the hiring process when you apply using our job search feature.
1. What positions are available and how do I apply?
All open positions are posted on our careers site. You can search for and apply to positions online, from any page within this careers site using the keyword search. You can also search by facility, job type, and/or location.
2. Can I just submit my resume?
Yes, you can upload your resume to your online application. There is also functionality in our system that will upload information from your resume into your application.
3. Do I have to complete the application to be considered for the job?
Yes, please provide a complete application including employment history and education. Incomplete applications could delay your consideration for the position.
4. What is the Talent Community?
Our Talent Community is an automated system that helps us to engage interested job seekers like you. When you share your social network profile through our Talent Community, you create a connection that allows us to connect with you whenever we have jobs that match your unique skills and experience.
5. Do I have to use my social profile to join the Talent Community?
You can join with your email only if you prefer. However, we encourage you to join with the social profile you already have so you don’t have to create a new profile just for our system. The Talent Community allows us to view your experience and education. We will not have access to your photos or other private information. Best of all, whenever you edit your social profile, your Talent Community information is automatically updated too.
6. How do I know if my online application was received?
After you have completed the application, please click “Submit.” You will receive an instant notice thanking you for applying.
7. How do I check the status of my application?
To check the status of your application, simply log into our careers page and click on the light blue cloud in the upper right hand corner. All your applications will be listed there. Our system also will email you periodic updates about your application.
8. How do I apply for more than one position?
Once you have completed an online application for a specific position, you may log back in with the user name and password you created and select another position. You can “Copy” your application instead of completing everything all over from the beginning.
9. What happens if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, click on “Forgot Your Password,” and then enter your email ID. The system will email you a link to use to reset your password. Please note that your password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter and a number. Also, password resets must be done on a desktop/laptop and not on a mobile device.
10. What software or operating systems are required to complete an application?
Although it is best to use the latest browser and operating system versions, our system is compatible with a variety of desktop and mobile software. To help ensure you have the best user experience as you search our job openings and complete any follow-up activities related to hiring, please use one of the following browsers:
- Apple Safari 7 or later
- Google Chrome 40 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox 35 or later
11. Does Mercy Health/Trinity Health conduct a background investigation prior to employment?
Yes, all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the drug screening and background investigation, inclusive of employment verification, work references, educational verification and criminal background history. You also may be subject to a pre-employment health screening depending on the position. Offers of employment may be rescinded for falsification of your application.
12. Where can I locate my offer letter to sign?
Your offer letter will be waiting for your signature by logging into your account on our career site. Please login and sign the offer letter electronically via eSign by Adobe as soon as possible. The offer letter will have information about your new position, as well as detailed instructions, if applicable, for your New Hire/Employee Health appointment and Orientation Schedule. You will receive an email with the signed offer letter for your records. Please make sure to click "ok" when done.
13. I've been contacted for a New Hire/Employee Health Appointment. What information do I need?
Your recruiter will let you know if this is required and information regarding your New Hire/Employee Health appointment will be included in your Offer Letter. This is an important step in the hiring process and must be completed before you are cleared to attend New Colleague Orientation.
Here is some information that you will need for New Hire/Employee Health Appointment:
- Two (2) forms of identification as defined by the I-9 form
- A Voided Check or Bank Letter with account information for Direct Deposit
- A photo ID - For Employee Health Drug Screen purposes
- A copy of any required Certifications (BLS, ACLS, etc.)
- A Work Permit (if under age 18)
- *Immunization Records* - For Employee Health purposes
- TB skin tests within the past 12 months; Any positive TB skin tests, Chest X-rays (based on facility), TB treatment records
- Documentation of rubella, rubeola, or MMR vaccines or titers
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccines or titers
- Documentation of Chicken Pox/Varicella vaccine, titer, or Physician’s statement
- Documentation of Tetanus or Tdap vaccine o Documentation of Influenza vaccine
* Note - These records may be available through your Family Physician, School System, or Health Department. If you do not have these records, you may be required to have laboratory blood tests.
14. I've signed my offer and completed my health exam. What happens now?
Within the next 24-48 hours, you will be receiving two (2) separate emails that will give you access and instructions on how to log into the New Employee Onboarding Portal. Please note that the first email will contain your username. This email will be a Cisco secure email and will require a secure login. The second will contain your temporary password.
Your first login will require a password reset. Please login and complete your onboarding PRIOR to your first day of work. The Onboarding Portal will also provide more detail on our policies and employment expectations. If you have any questions or concerns about this information, please refer to the contact details within each communication.